Thursday, June 23, 2011

Boot Scootin' Boogie

So excited about the arrival of Summer, I wrote a little poem to the tune of "My Favorite Things" about it:

Sunshine on bikini bods down by the beach
Sweet wine in the Summertime with a juicy peach
Cute, quaint apartments filled with friends and love
These are the whimsical things I dream of

Summer Solstice began on June 21st this year, and with it, Summer fiiiinally decide to grace Los Angeles with it's long-awaited gorgeous presence. Out with the tights and long, heavy sweaters. In with the light maxi dresses, bloomer shorts and cropped tees. The credit card has definitely enjoyed the many 'play dates' it's had lately with cash registers, though the diminishing bank funds do not share the same enthusiasm. What can I say, sometimes a lady just needs to shop! Groceries and bills are overrated anyway.

This week I decided to shy away from celeb glorification and honor, instead, the most awesome little boots I have ever purchased...in 2011...so far...There's a high probability that another pair will catch my eye at some point, but until then, I am crazy in love with Zara's TRF Motorcycle boots, and yes, I have worn them every single day this week, and yes, I have sung Nancy Sinatra's hit song more times than I care to admit thankyouverymuch. And maybe Brooks & Dunn's, too. The best part though, is I don't have to wish to broochify them...I DID IT! See...

*Pictured: Jolly Green Giant Brooch avail for sale at: www.BroochBrat.com



1 comment: