Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Changing Leaves




With Fall in full force and Thanksgiving only a week away, I felt it only appropriate to dedicate this week's entry to my absolute favorite thing ever: giving thanks. I know, I know, puhleeease, right?! But I'm serious! "Thank You" is my favorite word..er, 2 words. "Thank you" is such an over-used part of my vocabulary, I have been known to say it at the most inopportune times (when distracted). Case in point--the other day as I got off the elevator on my floor in my apartment building I said "thank you" to a neighbor as the doors opened. It immediately occurred to me how absurd it was for me to be thanking him for this mechanical function-- as if he had telepathically willed the doors open or something. Embarrassed, I uttered the second most-used word from my internal dictionary: "sorry," followed by, "I don't know why I just said that?!" As the doors started to close again, I tapped them and said, "Thank you elevator for opening and closing." Sometimes they don't open and people get stuck, so I wasn't too far off, but the neighbor just looked at me puzzled. I don't blame him. Nut job much?

In lieu of a lengthy "things I am thankful for" list this year-- because seriously, I write one every year and the self indulgent Miss America-esque "I am thankful for the sun and the rain and the apple seed and all the life lessons" crap is bordering on hackneyed pastiche-- I am serving up a giveaway in the form of a custom-made, handcrafted bracelet for 2 lucky winners. The Bracelets will include Onyx beads, gold-plated spacers and wood beads in the color choice of the winners. These bracelets are priced at $30 a piece or $120 for a set of 5 (this is how I like to wear them. Makes your wrist a theatrical attraction), so this is a HUGE deal. Oh yeah, and a free Brooch will be included, too. Holy cow! I couldn't be more thankful for all the support and love I have received since starting the Brooch Brat business, especially now with the bracelet addition. So as a sign of my gratitude, I am pouring it like gravy onto you...ummm?...yeah, I'm just gonna go with that...


All you have to do to enter this awesome contest is somehow, someway, through whatever means you feel appropriate (though written form is probably best), tell me your fave jewelry/bracelet brand. That's it! I have decided to extend the contest to Monday, so you have ALL WEEKEND to think about it. But don't over think it! Hey overachievers-- you know who you are. This is really easy. Just throw a name out there. Whatever comes to mind first. What happens next is really neato...I will draw 2 names at random on Monday and VOILA! 2 winners will be crowned, or, have their wrists adorned with sparkly jewels, rather.


Ladies and gents, start. your. engines...and have a very Happy Gobble Gobble time with your family, friends or whoever you will be Gobble Gobblin' with a week from today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment