Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Put a Brooch on it!

I made the mistake of telling my parents that I'm really into animal print when they asked what I wanted for Christmas. I immediately regretted my strong choice of words on Christmas day, wishing I had instead said "kind of" or "in addition to." My love of animal print lasted exactly a month and now I'm kind of over it...notice the clever phrasing there? Thank you. Unfortunately, my closet now looks like an African safari. All that's missing is a Sombriolet sun hat and spiffy binoculars. Msisimko (that's "exciting" in Swahili, in case you wanted to know)! The parents took my "really" seriously and got me a faux fur leopard print jacket, cheetah print robe, zebra-design candles and a faux raccoon fur vest. I already have animal print luggage, so things have gotten a little out of control, to say the least. As the saying goes, be careful what you wish for!
Mere days after Christmas I discovered a set of Marni resin brooches online, and then moments later discovered the color blue. I've been a fan of Marni for some time, but super fan status was achieved when I saw the below pieces of modern art-- yes, they are ART! Absolutely, unequivocally the most dynamic, 80's-rad brooches I have ever feasted my eyes on. So, I didn't make them, but man are they inspiring. And I am officially regretting my gift request choices a month a too late...Just take a little looksy...

No comments:

Post a Comment